Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22

I am getting excited thinking we may be  going   home Friday!  I feel a little stronger each day. Usually I sleep well and food tastes like food.  Water is still metallic tasting but better.  Yesterday we went to a CVS pharmacy to get me a pair of reading glasses.  My eyes do not fit my old glasses anymore but I don't want to replace them because the eyes are still changing. Anyway, we looked at several pairs. Bob disagreed with Sabe and me but we overruled him.
We are thankful to have the apartment here to stay in. It's not home but does have enough amenities to make it comfortable.  Bob has even been able to practice his ironing skills.
Tomorrow the oncologist will tell us where the game plan stands, since the surgery as planned could not be done.  I will have to wait until all is healed before I can restart chemo.
We have found two taxi drivers that we especially like.  Many of the drivers are hard for old southern ears to understand. I think the drivers have even more trouble understanding us.
Sabra made a wonderful omelet for breakfast.  Maybe  I could presuade her and James to move in with us.  My sweet sister Doris and her husband Mickey of Bradenton, FL plan to be at our house when we get home to help out.  Again, I have to praise God for a wonderful family and friends.
I love you and hope to see you soon.
Dee

1 comment:

  1. Praying you will be able to come home Friday. Home makes everything better. We love you and miss you Dee!

    "THEREFORE LET US DRAW NEAR WITH CONFIDENCE TO THE THRONE OF GRACE, THAT WE MAY RECEIVE MERCY AND MAY FIND GRACE TO HELP IN TIME OF NEED." Hebrews 4:16

    ReplyDelete