Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday, February 18

Hello Dear, Dear Friends,
I am so happy for an opportunity to send you a post.  I truly, truly have felt the power of your prayers and your love.  Many times meditating on the many, many ways God has blessed (and continues to bless) my life
has raised my spirits and my faith.  One of the most powerful blessings I have known is the love of family and friends.
This has been bad but He has been there.  I am feeling stronger each day and looking forward to coming home in a week or two.  There really is no place like home.

Sabra and Julie have been such a blessing through this.  They anticipate my needs before they are even on my radar.  Bob, too, has been a real trooper.  He is a sweet, sweet man beneath all the bluff. I am thankful we have the apartment where he can escape for a few hours of sleep as needed.
Sabra took me down to the beauty shop here in the hospital this morning.  My hair had not been cleaned with water since arriving here so you can imagine.  It looks lovely now. I told Sabe
 I wished I was up to going to a shingdig now.
MD Anderson is a remarkable place, I believe the most organized big organization I have ever seen.  The staff is both very skilled and loving, a great combination.  Some already seem like old friends.Many are
of other nationalities and often share their life stories.  One lady who works with us is a Cambodian refugee
who lost her mother, father, and a sibling in a revolution. She and two other siblings made it to the USA.
Aren't we blessed to be citizens of such a wonderful country?
God bless each of you.  I am anxious to see you and thank you personally.  Please keep the prayers going up.
Love,Dee

1 comment: