Dear Friends,
I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday. Things here are looking up. We are at the apartment and although it is not like home
in good old Arkansas, it sure beats the hospital. As I noted earlier, MD Anderson is a marvelous place, but I can do without the constant taking of vital signs and blood samples, a nurse wanting to know how much water you had drunk,etc. I know all these things are necessary but it doesn't seem like they should be primarily necessary at two in the morning.
I apologize for giving some of you the wrong address for the apartment. On the evening before we flew down here, we got a call that the current resident of the apartment we had rented was going to have to stay in town longer and take more treatment. The address of apartment is AMLI, 7009 Amanda, Apt. 613, Houston, TX 77054-2175.
I am feeling stronger each day and the pain is well controlled. I am eating solid food (please do not ever serve broth to me. I do not believe we were created to drink broth). I am not ready to run a foot race or do a cartwheel, but I can sit up alone and walk without support. Sabra has made a pot of vegetable soup and it smells wonderful. Bob has been such a wonderful help. I knew there was some reason I had kept him around for 50 years.
Please continue to pray that God will continue to heal. He is so good. I love you and hope to see you soon.
Love,Dee
so glad you are getting stronger each day
ReplyDeletePraying for continued healing and strength. Look forward to your getting home. Miss you and love you.
ReplyDeleteMy Bible reading this morning: "Satisfy us in the morning with yhour unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children. May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us--yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:14-17
Love you Dee.